The development team of PVS-Studio static code analyser has long and persistently been developing their product for Windows OS, and thus, proved itself as a reliable provider of high quality software.
Now the team set a bigger goal and started Linux support. In the article devoted to their Linux support the author tells about various tasks that the programmers have set on the stage of the product development. Here are some of them:
- more complete support of GCC and Clang;
- a new system of regression tests in Linux, so that you can track the change results in the analyser kernel and add new diagnostics;
- compiler monitoring to help programmers quickly and easily check the project without distracting people who support makefiles and the system build in general;
- documentation improvement, so that the user can get information with the examples about any diagnostic;
- testing, distribution, support organisation.
In the full version of the article you will find more details about the abilities of PVS-Studio for Windows and the tasks it can already solve on Linux.
This is a guest post by Andrey Karpov, Ph.D., Program Verification Systems CTO and Microsoft MVP in Visual C++ for 5 years.