Have you ever took part in contest?
Do you know that some of them are difficult, others are not?
If you read my blog for some time, you should already know that my previous contest was rather difficult one.
This is time now to announce new contest!
Drums... Lights... Emcee!!!
All you have to do to win the prize for this contest is:
- Subscribe to this blog, either by following me on Twitter, liking Facebook page or getting e-mail subscription. All these options are in the right column.
- Take a screenshot of your browser showing counter of pageviews with digits 100,000 on it. Ideally it should also show clocks.
- Send me an e-mail with your subscription details and screenshot. If you have clocks shown, please also tell me your time zone.
To make it slightly more difficult and fraud-proof, I'll move this counter from one place of the page to another every day. I will know what is the place of the counter on a day of 100,000th visitor. Your screenshot should prove that very place.
Can't get 100,000 yourself? Don't be upset! I have additional prizes for you! Yes, specially for you, who caught number 100,001 or 100,002 or 100,003. The prizes will be sent to 2 subscribers (yes, you still need to subscribe) who send me closest numbers to 100,000 above this value.
What are the prizes?
- Main prize is a book! Yes, best prize ever! Book full of knowledge! The book will be sent to subscriber who catches exact 100,000 on counter. It can be any book from "Linux Blog Book Shelf" - you can see it on your left. Feel free to search for whatever book you actually need there, tell me the name and I'll buy it for you. Only 2 conditions:
- It should be a book about Linux or Open Source Software;
- Price should not exceed 20 British Pounds.
- Second prize is flash drive. This is 1MB flash drive branded with one of the best magazines on this planet (not Linux-related though). It will be sent to subscriber who sends nearest number to 100,000.
- Third prize is CD with Linux. This is CD with any Operating System listed on Buy Linux CDs page. It will be sent to subscriber who sends next nearest number to 100,000.
And here is some small print.
- Please do not fraud. If I receive several screenshots showing same value on counter (being it 100,000 or number above), respective prize will be given to nobody.
- Contest is running by myself (DarkDuck).
- There are no official sponsors for this contest.
- My decision is last and binding to all parties.
- All the communications regarding this contest should be in English only.
- Contest terms and conditions can be amended any time, including but not limited to cancelling of contest.
- No purchase necessary.
- Prizes will be sent via airmail (international) or second class (UK) mail.
- If there are any import taxes or surcharges, winner has to pay them.
- No cash alternative.
- If winner or runner-up does not correspond to e-mails within 2 weeks after announcement, prize will be withheld.